General Support

General Practitioners and District Nurses

Your GP may be able to help by listening, offering support, prescribing drugs for problems like sleeplessness or depression, by advising you about other sources of support or by referring you to a counsellor.  Your district nurse may contact you to ask how you are and may also be able to give advice about sources of support.


Ministers of religion and faith communities

Can provide support and comfort, including to people not previously active in a religious community.  Some faith communities in Oxfordshire offer bereavement support groups.  Please make local enquires for further information.


Citizens Advice Oxfordshire

Confidential legal and financial advice.

03444 111 444


Oxford Samaritans

24 hour confidential telephone service for anyone feeling desperate or suicidal or experiencing a personal crisis such as bereavement

01865 722122   60 Magdalen Rd, Oxford, OX4 1RB (drop-in available 8am - 10pm)


Employee Assistance Programmes 

Many companies offer Employee Assistance Programmes which provide employees with free counselling sessions.  Ask your manager/human resources department for information


Independent counsellors and therapists

To find registered psychotherapists and counsellors in your area visit the following websites.  Costs vary.  Many therapists have their own websites giving further information. (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) (UK Council for Psychotherapy)

Providing care for the people of Oxfordshire for over 40 years!

Sobell House Hospice Charity Ltd, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ
© Copyright Sobell House | Charity Registration No 1118646 | Privacy and Cookies


Fundraising Regulator Logo