As a patient you can attend regularly and spend the day with us or drop in as you wish during opening hours. You may want to attend for social reasons, specific interventions such as blood transfusion, creative or complementary therapy sessions as well as other support services such as assisted bathing. The range of services we offer are:
- Information, support and advice for patients, their families and carers
- Nursing team assessment and liaison with other health care professionals
- Help and advice on medications, with support from the Sobell House pharmacist
- A range of creative activities that promote relation and wellbeing including Music and Art Therapy, either individually or in small groups
- Spiritual and pastoral care
- Complementary therapies such as massage, reflexology, aromatherapy and Bowen Technique
- Minor medical procedures such as blood transfusions
- Occupational therapy and physiotherapy services, including mobility classes
- A range of activity groups including yoga and exercise sessions
- Assisted bathing, beauty therapies and a nail cutting service
- Occasional visits by musicians who provide live music and concerts
You will need to check with the Day Centre office for current services available and to make a booking for some of the activities and therapies.
Where our Volunteer Transport is required, the attendance must be planned in advance and transport booked through our Transport Services Team
The Sobell House Day Services or Transport Services Team can be contacted at 01865 225 875 or by email email@example.com
If you are a friend or relative either visiting our inpatient unit or bringing someone to an outpatients clinic you are welcome in the café where you can get refreshments, read the papers, chat to volunteers or other visitors, or just take some time out.