The Sobell Lottery complies with the Licence Conditions and Code of Practice governing the procedures for self-exclusion. We will take all reasonable steps to prevent an individual who has entered a self-exclusion agreement with ourselves from participating in our lottery.
Should a member of staff receive a phone call from an individual who wishes to be self-excluded they must send out a Lottery Exclusion form to be completed and returned. Upon the return of the form the individual’s details are to be entered onto the register. This will then be cross referenced against the existing membership and any new members signed up for the lottery for the period of the exclusion.
We will not target the individual with marketing material at any time during the self-exclusion. We will take steps to remove the name and details of a self-excluded individual from any marketing databases used by ourselves.
We will close any membership of an individual who has entered a self-exclusion agreement.
We have put into effect the following procedures to ensure that an individual who has self-excluded cannot gain access to the lottery.
- A register of those excluded with appropriate records (name, address, lottery number, and any other appropriate comments). These records to be passed to our Lottery administration company (Sterling) to assist in flagging up any potential infringements.
- Staff training to ensure that staff are able to recognise and enforce the system.
- Individual to be assisted to take positive action in order to self-exclude by way of a signature.
- The self-exclusion period is a minimum of six months (giving members the option of extending this if they so wish).
- The self-excluded member must take positive action to be removed from the self-exclusion and be able to enter the lottery at a future date.
- The record of the self-exclusion will remain on file until the agreement has been formally ended.