Thanks to His Grace the Duke of Marlbrough and to the staff of Blenheim Palace for making us so welcome at our third Sobell House Winter Walk, and more importantly to over 250 of you that braved the rain in aid of the hospice.
We really hope that you enjoyed the event, and would love to see any photos you took along the way, please send them to email@example.com
We’re hoping that 2017 will be a big year for walking for Sobell House and we’re asking you to be a big part of that challenge.
Whether you’re a Winter Walker, Moonlight Stroller, weekend rambler, or Three Peaks Challenger, we want to hear from you. Especially if you are willing to be one of our walking ambassadors and form your own walking group to support Sobell House.
In fact we’d love YOU to be the star of your own event; we want to hear from our supporters who are willing to set up their own walking events in aid of Sobell. It’s really simple.
- Decide on your route, the distance is down to you, but base it on the people you want to walk with and their abilities. (Note pubs are always a good start and finish point for a circular route).
- Invite your friends and family to join you. Dates can always be tinkered with to make sure the maximum amounts of people are available on the day.
- Walk, enjoy, breathe in the fresh air but remember to ask your fellow hikers to make a donation to Sobell House. If you had just five people walking and each person donated just £10, that’s a £50 donation towards the work of the hospice!
- When you’re all ensconced in a nice warm pub after ask those people to organise a walk for a different group of walkers in aid of Sobell as well. Or take it in turns to be the walk organiser and do it over a year, a month, or however long you fancy.
- Let us see the photos, hear about the routes and tell us how it went!